- Post-doctoral positions (up to two) in twistronics
- Post-doctoral position in optical quantum technologies
- Post-doctoral position in Theoretical Atto-Physics
- Post-doctoral position in quantum simulators and quantum machine learning
- Post-doctoral positions (up to two) in high-density diffuse optical tomography
- Post-doctoral position in Mechanobiology of Cerebral Organoids
- Post-doctoral Position on Infrared Photodetectors based on 2-D materials and colloidal quantum dots
- Post-doctoral positions on Colloidal Quantum Dot Infrared Light Emission and Lasing
- Post-doctoral positions on Intraband Colloidal Quantum Dot Optoelectronics for MWIR/LWIR Photodetection and Light Emission
- Post-doctoral position in neuromonitoring with fNIRS/fDCS for neonatal care
- Post-doctoral fellow or Research engineer position in experimental quantum technology
- Post-doctoral position in experimental quantum communication
- Post-doctoral position in quantum communication protocols
- Post-doctoral position in open quantum systems
- Post-doctoral position in correlations of many-body quantum systems
- Post-doctoral position in Thermal Photonics
- Post-doctoral position in programming measurement interface of the cryostat with Python
- Post-doctoral position in quantum information science
- Postdoctoral position in thermal emission control with low-dimensional materials
- Post-doctoral position in Organelle Morphology and Intracellular Dynamics
- Post-doctoral position in quantum many-body physics
- Post-doctoral position in theory of atomic quantum sensors
- Post-doctoral position in experimental quantum optics with solid-state quantum memories
- Post-doctoral position in hybrid quantum nodes for quantum networks
- Post-doctoral position in Quantum optics of single atoms interacting with single photons
- Post-doctoral positions in the theory of novel quantum simulators – connecting areas
- Post-doctoral position in Ultrafast Molecular Electron Diffraction
- Post-doctoral position in functional near-infrared spectroscopy & diffuse correlation spectroscopy
A rolling call, with periodic deadlines, is always open for candidates applying to do a PhD at ICFO.
All candidates will be considered for all available fellowships for which they are eligible. Some specific fellowships are announced through targeted calls. Candidates applying to these calls are also considered for all other fellowships for which they are eligible.
Students may also join ICFO with their own funding or through external fellowships. Interested candidates should apply directly to such programs, and may wish to contact ICFO research groups they might be interested to join.
For general information about admission in ICFO’s PhD program, please visit http://phd.icfo.eu/
For further general information on fellowships and specific calls, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, note that the new call will be published in June. Stay tuned!
Admin & Technical Engineers
Tech Transfer & Business Development
ICFO is a research center located in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona, and currently hosts 400+ people, including researchers, PhD students and staff personnel. Today, in its area of specialization and category, the institute is consistently ranked among the highest-quality research institutions worldwide.
ICFO’s Projects Unit provides management and administrative support to ICFO’s researchers and scientific strategies. This covers: capturing new research funding under competitive calls, coordinating and contributing to research project proposals, and managing the financial, legal and administrative aspects of (all) awarded projects in coordination with the other management units.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager, who will join our team to assure the correct planning, operation and follow-up of the Quantum projects.
The main responsibilities (although not exclusive) for this position are as follow:
• Assist ICFO Group Leaders and their team members with the preparation of research proposals within the Quantum Flagship.
• Ensure the quality and smooth operation of projects: Assure that deliverables are on time and in the correct format.
• Monitor potential project risks
• Organize, document and participate in project meetings, as well as other events that are necessary for successful project management.
• Collaborate with the person responsible for economic reporting in order to connect the scientific and financial aspects of the project.
• Act as a link between ICFO Group Leaders, the financing entities and the consortium members regarding administrative questions, providing follow-up as necessary.
• Continuous updating of knowledge of project management and the applicable rules regarding calls for proposals.
Share this opening!
Use the following URL:
The appointee must have:
• A University degree in a relevant area of Science or Engineering.
• A Minimum two years experience in European Projects.
• A Minimum one year experience in research proposals.
• A Minimum C2 English Level.
• A Minimum C1 Spanish Level.
• The Ability to work in a fast-evolving international research environment.
• Service orientation, initiative, attention to detail, organizational commitment, and teamwork mentality.
• Capability of meeting deadlines and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
• Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication skills.
Additionally, it would be considered as a plus:
• Secured a Master or a PhD degree in a relevant area of Science or Engineering.
• The opportunity to become a member of a young, fast growing and internationally recognized research institution.
• Initial one year contract. Renovation subject to successful evaluations and continuity of the project.
• Salary according to the institutional salary scales.
• ICFO is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected exclusively on merit and potential on the basis of submitted application material. No restrictions of persons with disabilities, citizenship or gender apply to ICFO positions. ICFO abides by the principles of openness, efficiency, transparency, supportiveness, and international comparability as stated in the European Charter for Researchers and the European Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
• Presentation letter with a declaration of interest.
• Curriculum Vitae, including contact details.
Candidates should be willing to be contacted by phone during the selection process and may contact email@example.com for formal inquiries regarding the application.
The call will remain open until suitable candidates are identified.
For updated information about ICFO, please visit www.icfo.eu
20th of June, 2021
Identify your interests
As your career goals and research interests are an integral part of the selection procedure itself, apart from the ICFOjobs site, we encourage you to browse ICFO’s corporate website to learn more about ICFO’s research activities and to identify the projects and/or areas that best match your background. We also recommend that you visit Careers @ ICFO. A clear indication of your interests and goals in your presentation letter will help us in reviewing your candidacy.
Did you identify an opening meeting your interest and career goals? Then, we are looking forward to your application!
Should there be no opening matching your interest or background, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly contact with the relevant ICFO Group Leaders or Unit Heads to explore potential future possibilities in their fields.
The application process
If you have identified an opening matching your interests, please read carefully the information about requirements, conditions and necessary application material and start the application process. Candidatures should be submitted online via ICFOjobs, our online application interface, in a 2-step procedure:
The button ‘Apply to this opening’ takes you to the online application form, gathering your personal data for identification purposes. Once submitted, you will receive a link by e-mail, which you must follow in order to continue the application process.
In this second step of the process you will be asked to provide further details and the necessary application material, as well as, in some of the openings, to indicate potential referees. All enclosed documentation must be in PDF format or plain text.
Once the application form is complete and the relevant material has been uploaded, submit your candidature by clicking on the ‘apply’ button. Candidates will receive an automatic reply acknowledging submission including a reference number for further enquiries or updates (within deadline).
By submitting an application, you grant ICFO permission to use the provided data for the recruiting process. (See Data Protection Policy.)
The review process
Applications will first be reviewed to assure that they meet the requirements and conditions as indicated in the job opening. Candidatures will then be evaluated by the corresponding Selection Committee according to the selection criteria of each opening. ICFO is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates are selected exclusively on merit and potential on the basis of submitted application material. No restrictions related to disabilities, citizenship or gender apply to ICFO positions. ICFO abides by the principles of openness, efficiency, transparency, supportiveness, and international comparability as stated in the European Charter for Researchers and the European Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
ICFO will notify candidates who are selected to pass to the next stage in the review process. Candidates who do not pass the first step of the review process will be notified of the outcome of their application at this time.
When requested, reference letters play an important role in supporting the candidate in the review process. Unless the call applied for indicate specific requirements in that sense, referees will be automatically contacted by ICFO requesting them to complete a standardized evaluation form and submit a letter of support for the candidates. Candidates should by no means submit a reference letter in support of their own candidature on behalf of their referees. The members of the selection committee will have access to reference letters.
On-site or online interviews (aiming at discussing the candidate’s suitability, project contents, hiring conditions and legal matters, etc.) with the Selection committee may be scheduled.
Notification of results
All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application. Possible results are:
The Selection Committee reaches the conclusion that the background of other candidate(s) appears to be more suitable for the position.
- Waiting list:
Candidate(s) may be placed on a waiting list based on the shortlist proposed by the Selection Committee. Candidate(s) on this list may receive an offer in the event that the top-candidate does not accept the position. Waiting list candidates will receive a final decision as soon as the top-candidate confirms acceptance.
- Acceptance / offer:
ICFO extends an official offer, asking the selected candidate for formal confirmation of acceptance.
The selection process is completed as soon as the candidate confirms acceptance of the offered position and a tentative starting date has been agreed.
After acceptance @ ICFO
Staff of the ICFO Human Resources and Education Unit will assist new ICFO members with the following procedures:
- Support with administrative and legal matters related to arriving and settling in, including immigration formalities (Visa application process, etc.) and personal assistance in relocation.
- Particularly for PhD-students: Information and advice on the necessary academic documentation to be gathered and submitted for enrollment in the PhD in Photonics program, including information about how to legalize previous studies (e.g. BSc, MSc, etc.) whenever necessary, as well as registration to the doctorate program and academic planning.
ICFO’s applicant database
The applicant database and all applications received through ICFOjobs, are managed by the staff of ICFO’s Human Resources and Education Unit. All information is handled with due confidentiality and solely for the purpose mentioned, and will be made available to the members of the Selection Committee in so far as they are necessary for the management of the process.
As indicated through the application process, other relevant information is also gathered for statistical purposes or in order to verify the eligibility requirements indicated in the corresponding call.
Do I have to submit my application exclusively online or may I also submit a hard copy?
ICFO only accepts applications submitted online via the ICFOjobs interface. As an exception, and only in case of force-majeure problems with electronic submission, candidates may submit their application in hard copy within the deadline.
Is it possible to apply for more than one opening? May I apply even if I have been considered for an ICFO opening in the past (i.e., re-application)?
Do I receive a confirmation acknowledging reception of my application?
Is it possible to update my personal data or application material? Likewise, will I be able to delete my application (and therefore all personal data)?
In the first step of application, through the online application form, you will have to provide your personal data including your contact e-mail. Once submitted, you will receive an acknowledging e-mail, containing a link which you have to follow in order to continue with the procedure (submission of application material, etc.). Via the link you receive by e-mail, you will also be able to update your data and application material (within the established deadlines) or even to withdraw your application.
In case of questions - whom shall I contact for help in submitting my application?
Please contact the recruiting staff of ICFO’s Human Resources at email@example.com.
Particularly for PhD- and Postdoctoral openings: Is it possible to apply even if I have not yet finished the minimum academic qualification required?
Yes, unless the call explicitly indicates otherwise, but please indicate this clearly in your presentation letter. In general, candidates should hold an internationally-recognized degree or evidence of its completion before the prospective starting date.
Applications need to be supported by reference letters. How should these be submitted?
For exact details on how to proceed with reference letters, please check the specific opening you are applying for. In general, you will be requested to indicate name, institution, contact data, and relationship in the last part of the online application form. Depending on the opening, referees will be automatically contacted by ICFO requesting them to complete a standardized evaluation form and submit a letter of support for the candidates. Candidates should by no means submit a reference letter in support of their own candidature on behalf of their referees.
Submission of academic transcripts and degrees?
The required documentation to be submitted for application is indicated in the ‘application process’ of each opening. In general, ICFO will ask that you provide a copy of your most recent academic degree certificate. Additionally, and particularly for fellowships and internship positions, ICFO will also need you to submit scanned copies of your academic transcripts (current and previous studies). The academic transcripts contain the list of courses, including the credits and marks obtained. Provisional degree certificates are generally accepted by ICFO.
The application form requires the indication of my GPA – what shall I indicate?
GPA stands for Grade Point Average. Apart from other criteria, selection for ICFO positions, above all for fellowships and internships, is measured in terms of the academic performance. In this regard, ICFO needs an indication of the average of your final overall grade obtained in your studies (stated in your transcripts), the minimum grade required to pass in your university and the maximum grade that can be achieved or the overall qualification obtained in your PhD-studies (for applicants with a PhD-degree).
Retrieve your application
You can write an email to Human Resources and Education at ICFO.